- Alcohol in Thailand- When You Can Buy, Where You Can Buy, When You Can Drink, Where You Can Drink
- Buying Alcohol in Thailand: Mid Afternoon Prohibition
- Life in Thailand- 3 Years in Bangkok
- My Visit to Hospital in Thailand- High Quality Care and Low Cost
- Alms for Monks
- The Center of Commerce in Thailand: 7-ELEVEN
- Quick Trip from Bangkok: Siem Reap & Angkor Wat, Cambodia
- A visit to Lumpini Park- sights, sounds and the lumpini lizards
- Thai Kitchens- Oven Not Needed
- Sky Bar View
Author Archives: faranginbangkok
Annual trip to immigration, time to renew the one-year visa. Immigration is always bizarre, it’s a massive operation in a simply massive building located well out of town. You see loads of people in various forms of trouble- from overstay … Continue reading
…to see the last gasps of rainy season
I’ve got no idea as to when this product or advertisement was a good idea….go ahead, think of your own caption.
Bangkok offers a peek at the unique- day and night.
Realization- I’m becoming a local. Event that lead to realization- thinking a Tom Yum style dry noodle soup with fish balls is a ‘comfort food’.
Few weeks into the new year, Christmas spirit still going strong in this Buddhist country.
Damn, looks like this is becoming a food blog, I need to move past posts on food as far too many good blogs on Thai food. Yesterday I wrote about Jook and eating breakfast. Today I had a totally different … Continue reading
Breakfast in Asia has always been a challenge for me- I was raised on breakfast foods primary consisting of eggs, breads, muesli, cereals with some sausage or bacon. Salmon would be the only fish I’d eat for breakfast, but that … Continue reading
7pm, 1 January: what is normally a hustling and bustling street is deserted. No street food, shops closed, even the rats appear to be having a lie in. The long holiday for New Years meant many street food venders and … Continue reading