- Alcohol in Thailand- When You Can Buy, Where You Can Buy, When You Can Drink, Where You Can Drink
- Buying Alcohol in Thailand: Mid Afternoon Prohibition
- Life in Thailand- 3 Years in Bangkok
- My Visit to Hospital in Thailand- High Quality Care and Low Cost
- About Me
- Alms for Monks
- Thai Massage: The Most Intimate Activity in Bangkok
- Thai Kitchens- Oven Not Needed
- Loi Krathong Festival in Lumpini Park
- A visit to Lumpini Park- sights, sounds and the lumpini lizards
Author Archives: faranginbangkok
Much has been made of ‘teflon Thailand’- no matter the news, people continue to visit and holiday in Thailand. But does that still hold true? The Nation newspaper published the YTD arrivals from Jan-Sep 2014, the data is attributed to … Continue reading
Today @chomsowhat posted some very interesting charts and statistics on twitter, showing foreign investment in Thailand and the top 3 countries for exports. Of course the purchasing power of China has been increasing dramatically across the globe, China becoming the … Continue reading
I love Thai food, but sometimes I need my western food, and dessert fix. My local coffee shop fixed me up: Bacon Brownie.
I don’t keep up with current events in America as I once did, I don’t watch American news TV; healthy for me. The events in Ferguson are horrible, sad days for so many. It’s so very odd to live across … Continue reading
A simple visit to the coffee shop results in a high-angle selfie taken with a tablet.
Thick clouds, rainy season. These are the kinds of clouds you dream about during the hot days of March, April and May when you likely won’t ever see a cloud.
It’s hard to top a good Pad See-ew (ผัดซีอิ้ว), I go with the wide rice noodles and pork, oh, it’s great. Eat Pad See-ew on the street, it’s cooked in a wok, find the seller with old, well used and … Continue reading