- Alcohol in Thailand- When You Can Buy, Where You Can Buy, When You Can Drink, Where You Can Drink
- Buying Alcohol in Thailand: Mid Afternoon Prohibition
- My Visit to Hospital in Thailand- High Quality Care and Low Cost
- Life in Thailand- 3 Years in Bangkok
- The Center of Commerce in Thailand: 7-ELEVEN
- How to Tie a Plastic Bag Like a Thai
- Swearing in Thailand: Did You Just Call Me a Lizard?
- Thai Kitchens- Oven Not Needed
- Just What Bangkok Doesn't Need
- Bangkok is Foodiest City
Author Archives: faranginbangkok
I don’t keep up with current events in America as I once did, I don’t watch American news TV; healthy for me. The events in Ferguson are horrible, sad days for so many. It’s so very odd to live across … Continue reading
A simple visit to the coffee shop results in a high-angle selfie taken with a tablet.
Thick clouds, rainy season. These are the kinds of clouds you dream about during the hot days of March, April and May when you likely won’t ever see a cloud.
It’s hard to top a good Pad See-ew (ผัดซีอิ้ว), I go with the wide rice noodles and pork, oh, it’s great. Eat Pad See-ew on the street, it’s cooked in a wok, find the seller with old, well used and … Continue reading
I pulled that picture from a Verge article, check out their article as they have some great photographs. Bangkok has loads of abandoned buildings, what makes this one special is what appears to be a sizable fish pond, a … Continue reading
I’m not delving into the ‘who, what or why’ or coming out in support or opposition, just passing along a story about a protest of one (with a load of media within the lone protestor). One man showed up to a protest … Continue reading
I’m a big supporter of walking, cycling and the Skytrain, that’s how I move around Bangkok. An amazing 90 minute rain storm hit Bangkok today- this is the result as seen from my taxi, sidewalks were too flooded to walk. … Continue reading
Prachuap Khiri Khan is ideal if you want some beach, some mountains, to rent a bike, drink some beers and hang out in a low-key town. If you’re looking for 5-star hotels, over priced seafood, full moon parties, joy rides … Continue reading
That’s my queue!