- Alcohol in Thailand- When You Can Buy, Where You Can Buy, When You Can Drink, Where You Can Drink
- Buying Alcohol in Thailand: Mid Afternoon Prohibition
- My Visit to Hospital in Thailand- High Quality Care and Low Cost
- Christmas in Bangkok
- Life in Thailand- 3 Years in Bangkok
- Thai Massage: The Most Intimate Activity in Bangkok
- How to Tie a Plastic Bag Like a Thai
- Alms for Monks
- A visit to Lumpini Park- sights, sounds and the lumpini lizards
- McDonald's Thailand- Ronald is a Charlatan
Category Archives: Bangkok
Traffic is terrible in Bangkok. Terrible. One thing you rarely hear is the honking of horns or the sirens of police or emergency vehicles. I have always been shocked at the lack of horn honking or sirens for such a … Continue reading
This flower/tree has always fascinated me….
The Bangkok Post published this helpful graphic detailing the size and shape of the parks in Bangkok. Sadly, there aren’t many parks, many areas of the city have precious few trees and very little greenery, but there are a … Continue reading
Living in another country and culture you feel a responsibility to represent your own country and culture properly, well, some of us feel that responsibility. Properly is a highly subjective term, at a minimum you feel the responsibility to not … Continue reading
I love Thai food, but sometimes I need my western food, and dessert fix. My local coffee shop fixed me up: Bacon Brownie.
Thick clouds, rainy season. These are the kinds of clouds you dream about during the hot days of March, April and May when you likely won’t ever see a cloud.
It’s hard to top a good Pad See-ew (ผัดซีอิ้ว), I go with the wide rice noodles and pork, oh, it’s great. Eat Pad See-ew on the street, it’s cooked in a wok, find the seller with old, well used and … Continue reading
I pulled that picture from a Verge article, check out their article as they have some great photographs. Bangkok has loads of abandoned buildings, what makes this one special is what appears to be a sizable fish pond, a … Continue reading