- Alcohol in Thailand- When You Can Buy, Where You Can Buy, When You Can Drink, Where You Can Drink
- Buying Alcohol in Thailand: Mid Afternoon Prohibition
- My Visit to Hospital in Thailand- High Quality Care and Low Cost
- Life in Thailand- 3 Years in Bangkok
- The Thailand National Anthem- Daily Playing and Observance
- Tips On Bangkok
- Alms for Monks
- The Center of Commerce in Thailand: 7-ELEVEN
- The Ultimate Bachelor Pad- Jim Thompson's House in Bangkok
- Quick Trip from Bangkok: Siem Reap & Angkor Wat, Cambodia
Category Archives: Bangkok
Realization- I’m becoming a local. Event that lead to realization- thinking a Tom Yum style dry noodle soup with fish balls is a ‘comfort food’.
Damn, looks like this is becoming a food blog, I need to move past posts on food as far too many good blogs on Thai food. Yesterday I wrote about Jook and eating breakfast. Today I had a totally different … Continue reading
Breakfast in Asia has always been a challenge for me- I was raised on breakfast foods primary consisting of eggs, breads, muesli, cereals with some sausage or bacon. Salmon would be the only fish I’d eat for breakfast, but that … Continue reading
7pm, 1 January: what is normally a hustling and bustling street is deserted. No street food, shops closed, even the rats appear to be having a lie in. The long holiday for New Years meant many street food venders and … Continue reading
Traffic is terrible in Bangkok. Terrible. One thing you rarely hear is the honking of horns or the sirens of police or emergency vehicles. I have always been shocked at the lack of horn honking or sirens for such a … Continue reading
This flower/tree has always fascinated me….
The Bangkok Post published this helpful graphic detailing the size and shape of the parks in Bangkok. Sadly, there aren’t many parks, many areas of the city have precious few trees and very little greenery, but there are a … Continue reading
Living in another country and culture you feel a responsibility to represent your own country and culture properly, well, some of us feel that responsibility. Properly is a highly subjective term, at a minimum you feel the responsibility to not … Continue reading
I love Thai food, but sometimes I need my western food, and dessert fix. My local coffee shop fixed me up: Bacon Brownie.