- Alcohol in Thailand- When You Can Buy, Where You Can Buy, When You Can Drink, Where You Can Drink
- Buying Alcohol in Thailand: Mid Afternoon Prohibition
- Life in Thailand- 3 Years in Bangkok
- This is Thailand?
- Advertising in Thailand: 'Suck My Balls'
- Bangkok Taxi- Asking for a Ride, New Complaint Hotline and Fares
- My Visit to Hospital in Thailand- High Quality Care and Low Cost
- Bangkok: Facts and Figures
- Cost of Medical Insurance in Thailand
- McDonald's Thailand- Ronald is a Charlatan
Tag Archives: Bangkok
It’s a cool evening, at least by Bangkok standards, so I decided to walk home from work. As always, you can see a lot during a 20 minute walk in Bangkok. Tonight ‘a lot’ turned out to be a snake … Continue reading
25 years ago my grandfather gave me the book “Clothes and the Man: The Principles of Fine Men’s Dress” by Alan Flusser. My grandfather drove a big black Lincoln Town Car with suicide doors, wore wool pants, dress shoes, a … Continue reading
If I was the type of person to make resolutions, the top of my list of resolutions on the subject of Thailand would be: ‘get your ass out of Bangkok and explore more of Thailand.’ Well, maybe the top of … Continue reading
I don’t like Bangkok Tuk Tuk’s, I don’t use them. What’s the benefit of riding in a Tuk Tuk? They have no air-conditioning, they cannot navigate between cars like a motocye, you are sucking exhaust fumes while sitting in traffic, their … Continue reading
Monday, 15 April 2013 The hot season has been interrupted by a few major storms, water is falling from the skies and not just water guns at Songkran, oh how the rain is a welcome relief this time of year.
Nothing to see here, just a small statue of an archer on a random rooftop.
Lost in translation- a sign in the alcohol section of seven-11 with a few translation errors- I like the implication that alcohol could be sold on a Buddhist holiday that wasn’t deemed ‘important’.
This sunset is just a 2 hour drive away….
Yep, mangoes hanging over the street, papayas in someone’s front yard and a Bentley- the wonders of living in Bangkok
Overcast skies all day, a nice breeze, no air conditioning needed….I’ll take it. Apologies to those tourists who wanted to sit poolside and increase their chances for skin cancer- but a cool, overcast day is wonderful. We, meaning residents of … Continue reading