- Alcohol in Thailand- When You Can Buy, Where You Can Buy, When You Can Drink, Where You Can Drink
- Life in Thailand- 3 Years in Bangkok
- Buying Alcohol in Thailand: Mid Afternoon Prohibition
- My Visit to Hospital in Thailand- High Quality Care and Low Cost
- A Daytime 'What The ....'
- Bangkok Taxi- Asking for a Ride, New Complaint Hotline and Fares
- Tips On Bangkok
- Thailand & Medical Tourism
- A visit to Lumpini Park- sights, sounds and the lumpini lizards
- Quick Trip from Bangkok: Siem Reap & Angkor Wat, Cambodia
Tag Archives: sightseeing
Friday, sunny and not terribly hot and Songkran is next week. I read this morning that some schools have begun the Songkran celebration with prayers and blessing, so the New Year celebrations are kicking off in Thailand. Songkran is an … Continue reading
I have grown weary of the protests in Bangkok, no motivation to be near the protest sites or write about them. The protests seem to dominate the news, but not the lives of Thai people or my life. That seems … Continue reading
The island of Samet (or Samed) is reached via the Rayong Pier, just under a three-hour drive from Bangkok. At the pier you take a boat to the island, about 30 minutes for a high-speed boat. Samet is a nice … Continue reading
The drinks are good, but overpriced. But, the view from Sky Bar in the Lubua State Tower is amazing.64 stories up, Sky Bar takes your breath away.
Go visit. It’s great. Great architecture, great location, great antiques. Great example about living large. Cool story about his disappearance. Just go. The house is only a 5 minute walk from BTS Skytrain Station National Stadium, touring the house(s) and … Continue reading
Frost has happened at the highest point in Thailand- Doi Inthanon Mountain just north of Chiang Mai. The cold weather has lead to 35 provinces being declared cold weather disaster zones. For a farang, the weather in a place like … Continue reading
There have not been disruptive protests in Bangkok in the recent months. Well, traffic might have been disrupted by the protest itself, but the protests have not been violent or prolonged. The Red Shirts have been protesting to remember those … Continue reading
Planning to visit Bangkok and Thailand in the near future? Want to check out some of the top tourist destinations and see pictures. Get the Amazing Thailand App (free) for your iPad or iPhone at iTunes, here is the link: … Continue reading
The big mango is decorated…..