- Alcohol in Thailand- When You Can Buy, Where You Can Buy, When You Can Drink, Where You Can Drink
- Buying Alcohol in Thailand: Mid Afternoon Prohibition
- Life in Thailand- 3 Years in Bangkok
- Alms for Monks
- Tips On Bangkok
- A Visit to Wat Hau Lamphong
- My Visit to Hospital in Thailand- High Quality Care and Low Cost
- The Thailand National Anthem- Daily Playing and Observance
- The Size of Bangkok Parks (Running Distance)
- The Farang Dominates...
Monthly Archives: December 2011
Spirit houses sit next to almost every building in Bangkok- be it an office tower, house, hotel or condo tower, you will find a spirit a house next to it. And with the rate of tearing down buildings to make … Continue reading
Bangkok gets all dressed up for Christmas, loads of decorations, Christmas music and (fake) Christmas trees. Certainly other parts of Thailand participate with decorations and such, especially the towns and cities that are tourist destinations. But Christmas is not a … Continue reading
My Public Service Announcement- understand the laws and rules, mind what you say, click and like while in Thailand to visit or stay. Be careful, you can end up in jail for “liking” something on Facebook or following someone on … Continue reading
To Thais, the weather has been downright cold, to us farangs it has been ideal. In Bangkok it has been below 20 at night and rarely hitting 30 during the day, the sun has been out been not strong and … Continue reading
Chiang Rai is only an hour flight from Bangkok and is well worth this trip, one of my favorites at this point. It is small and more traditional than other tourists spots. A highlight is the White Temple, simply amazing.
A frown in the land of smiles- this rice looks none to pleased.