- Alcohol in Thailand- When You Can Buy, Where You Can Buy, When You Can Drink, Where You Can Drink
- Buying Alcohol in Thailand: Mid Afternoon Prohibition
- My Visit to Hospital in Thailand- High Quality Care and Low Cost
- About Me
- How to Tie a Plastic Bag Like a Thai
- Life in Thailand- 3 Years in Bangkok
- A Visit to Wat Hau Lamphong
- Thailand, Modesty & Bikinis: Bikini Ban in National Parks
- Quick Trip from Bangkok: Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Tips On Bangkok
Monthly Archives: February 2013
Bangkok sidewalks are hard to navigate at the best of times- food carts, street venders, cracks, poles- but elections add a new obstacle with the dreaded campaign poster. Yes, massive in height and of a good width and always featuring … Continue reading
Lost in translation- a sign in the alcohol section of seven-11 with a few translation errors- I like the implication that alcohol could be sold on a Buddhist holiday that wasn’t deemed ‘important’.
Is certainly worth a visit…
Well, the checkpoint is just the entrance into the state park, the fee isn’t ‘picked’ as it’s posted on a sign, but the fee in 10x more for foreigners than Thais.
This sunset is just a 2 hour drive away….
Yep, mangoes hanging over the street, papayas in someone’s front yard and a Bentley- the wonders of living in Bangkok
Overcast skies all day, a nice breeze, no air conditioning needed….I’ll take it. Apologies to those tourists who wanted to sit poolside and increase their chances for skin cancer- but a cool, overcast day is wonderful. We, meaning residents of … Continue reading