- Alcohol in Thailand- When You Can Buy, Where You Can Buy, When You Can Drink, Where You Can Drink
- Buying Alcohol in Thailand: Mid Afternoon Prohibition
- My Visit to Hospital in Thailand- High Quality Care and Low Cost
- McDonald's Thailand- Ronald is a Charlatan
- How to Tie a Plastic Bag Like a Thai
- Swearing in Thailand: Did You Just Call Me a Lizard?
- Tips On Bangkok
- The Thailand National Anthem- Daily Playing and Observance
- A Visit to Wat Hau Lamphong
- The Do and Don't List
Monthly Archives: April 2013
I get lazy, I don’t explore enough. Of course I come up with loads of reasons not to explore, my usual default excuse being ‘it’s too hot.’ Exploring Bangkok’s canals, called khlongs, is worth it. A ride on the water … Continue reading
25 years ago my grandfather gave me the book “Clothes and the Man: The Principles of Fine Men’s Dress” by Alan Flusser. My grandfather drove a big black Lincoln Town Car with suicide doors, wore wool pants, dress shoes, a … Continue reading
I’m unsure how long I anticipated living in Bangkok when I moved here three years ago, now I find myself wondering how I can leave. “how I can leave”, ‘how’ is the correct adverb as leaving Bangkok is not a … Continue reading
If I was the type of person to make resolutions, the top of my list of resolutions on the subject of Thailand would be: ‘get your ass out of Bangkok and explore more of Thailand.’ Well, maybe the top of … Continue reading
I don’t like Bangkok Tuk Tuk’s, I don’t use them. What’s the benefit of riding in a Tuk Tuk? They have no air-conditioning, they cannot navigate between cars like a motocye, you are sucking exhaust fumes while sitting in traffic, their … Continue reading
Monday, 15 April 2013 The hot season has been interrupted by a few major storms, water is falling from the skies and not just water guns at Songkran, oh how the rain is a welcome relief this time of year.
Motocye, and one guy getting pushed along in a cart, doing all they can to stay out of the blazing Bangkok sun.