- Alcohol in Thailand- When You Can Buy, Where You Can Buy, When You Can Drink, Where You Can Drink
- Buying Alcohol in Thailand: Mid Afternoon Prohibition
- The Center of Commerce in Thailand: 7-ELEVEN
- Life in Thailand- 3 Years in Bangkok
- Tips On Bangkok
- Alms for Monks
- Yoga in Lumpini Park
- Loi Krathong Festival in Lumpini Park
- The Thailand National Anthem- Daily Playing and Observance
- Swearing in Thailand: Did You Just Call Me a Lizard?
Author Archives: faranginbangkok
…some baa mii nam ngiaw
I avoid writing about politics and religion. Presently, as a USA expat, the question I am asked more than any other: “what about this Trump for President?” Megalomaniacs making sweeping generalities and ludicrous statements now work their way into my … Continue reading
Appear tourist season has begun in Thailand.
Wrapping up the day at work, looked up to find I have a new assistant.
Ah yes, translation software is your friend. Even though Google translate didn’t get this one correct, it was close. Seems a chili shop in England has been selling a sriracha sauce named หน้าหี, which means ‘pussy face’ (or face pussy … Continue reading
Above Bangkok, looking down on the city and at the twists and turns the Chao Phraya takes to reach the Gulf of Thailand.
You might not know that Thais do up some tasty fried chicken. And that fried chicken is commonly eaten- from roadside to restaurant. If you’re in Bangkok and want a good fried bird (in aircon and with great som tum … Continue reading
What this article of clothing is supposed to do, or be.
Dear Bangkok, Don’t go changin’.
Did someone want their suggestion heard? Or did they misunderstand a suggestion made to them?