- Alcohol in Thailand- When You Can Buy, Where You Can Buy, When You Can Drink, Where You Can Drink
- Buying Alcohol in Thailand: Mid Afternoon Prohibition
- My Visit to Hospital in Thailand- High Quality Care and Low Cost
- Life in Thailand- 3 Years in Bangkok
- Alms for Monks
- The Thailand National Anthem- Daily Playing and Observance
- A visit to Lumpini Park- sights, sounds and the lumpini lizards
- Swearing in Thailand: Did You Just Call Me a Lizard?
- What Doesn't Translate- Irony
- January 2014- Cold Weather in Bangkok and Thailand
Category Archives: Bangkok
…some baa mii nam ngiaw
You might not know that Thais do up some tasty fried chicken. And that fried chicken is commonly eaten- from roadside to restaurant. If you’re in Bangkok and want a good fried bird (in aircon and with great som tum … Continue reading
…to see the last gasps of rainy season
Realization- I’m becoming a local. Event that lead to realization- thinking a Tom Yum style dry noodle soup with fish balls is a ‘comfort food’.
Damn, looks like this is becoming a food blog, I need to move past posts on food as far too many good blogs on Thai food. Yesterday I wrote about Jook and eating breakfast. Today I had a totally different … Continue reading
Breakfast in Asia has always been a challenge for me- I was raised on breakfast foods primary consisting of eggs, breads, muesli, cereals with some sausage or bacon. Salmon would be the only fish I’d eat for breakfast, but that … Continue reading
7pm, 1 January: what is normally a hustling and bustling street is deserted. No street food, shops closed, even the rats appear to be having a lie in. The long holiday for New Years meant many street food venders and … Continue reading
Traffic is terrible in Bangkok. Terrible. One thing you rarely hear is the honking of horns or the sirens of police or emergency vehicles. I have always been shocked at the lack of horn honking or sirens for such a … Continue reading
This flower/tree has always fascinated me….