- Alcohol in Thailand- When You Can Buy, Where You Can Buy, When You Can Drink, Where You Can Drink
- Buying Alcohol in Thailand: Mid Afternoon Prohibition
- My Visit to Hospital in Thailand- High Quality Care and Low Cost
- About Me
- How to Tie a Plastic Bag Like a Thai
- Life in Thailand- 3 Years in Bangkok
- A Visit to Wat Hau Lamphong
- Thailand, Modesty & Bikinis: Bikini Ban in National Parks
- Quick Trip from Bangkok: Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Tips On Bangkok
Category Archives: Food & Restaurants
…some baa mii nam ngiaw Advertisements
You might not know that Thais do up some tasty fried chicken. And that fried chicken is commonly eaten- from roadside to restaurant. If you’re in Bangkok and want a good fried bird (in aircon and with great som tum … Continue reading
Realization- I’m becoming a local. Event that lead to realization- thinking a Tom Yum style dry noodle soup with fish balls is a ‘comfort food’.
Damn, looks like this is becoming a food blog, I need to move past posts on food as far too many good blogs on Thai food. Yesterday I wrote about Jook and eating breakfast. Today I had a totally different … Continue reading
Breakfast in Asia has always been a challenge for me- I was raised on breakfast foods primary consisting of eggs, breads, muesli, cereals with some sausage or bacon. Salmon would be the only fish I’d eat for breakfast, but that … Continue reading
I love Thai food, but sometimes I need my western food, and dessert fix. My local coffee shop fixed me up: Bacon Brownie.
It’s hard to top a good Pad See-ew (ผัดซีอิ้ว), I go with the wide rice noodles and pork, oh, it’s great. Eat Pad See-ew on the street, it’s cooked in a wok, find the seller with old, well used and … Continue reading
Told you the food is great, Bangkok has been named the ‘foodiest’ city according to Chowzter, an article can be found here. According to the article, the criteria included: ‘locally owned establishments with locally sourced food – meaning street carts, … Continue reading
Thb499, sign says ไม่เมา ไม่เลิก which means ‘not drunk, don’t give up’.